With Nebraska containing around 24,000 miles of rivers and streams, it’s no wonder that going on a river adventure has become such a popular pastime in our great state. Tanking in particular, which is when a group of people float down the river in a stock tank, has become the river adventure of choice among both Nebraska natives and visitors. If you’ve never been on a tanking trip, you’re in for a treat – it’s an inexpensive, safe and fun way to spend time with friends and family on the water, with lots of room to spread out, relax and enjoy the big, blue Nebraska sky. If this all sounds great to you, read our list of tanking essentials below to get an idea of what you’ll need to start planning your own tanking excursion during your Nebraska vacation!
- Sense of adventure. This one is arguably the most important thing you could bring, especially since we provide all of your tanking equipment, including life jackets. Every tanking trip is a little different and presents different opportunities to view area wildlife, making every journey a once-in-a-lifetime venture that you’ll look back on fondly for years to come.
- Great company. This is the perfect time to grab your favorite people for a bonding experience unlike any other!
- Make sure to regularly apply sunscreen throughout your trip so you don’t end up spending the rest of your vacation sunburned and miserable.
- Card games, magnetic board games, charades – whatever games you choose are bound to be even more enjoyable while you float on down the river!
- A great thing about going down the river in a tank is that there is plenty of room for a cooler, and we recommend making sure you load up on cold beverages and tasty treats for your venture! Our tanking trips last anywhere from 2-6 hours, so packing some food is a must if you don’t want your stomach grumbling by the end!
- A good book. If you and your crew plan on taking a relaxing, quiet trip, unwinding with a book is a great way to spend part of your journey.
Add a tanking adventure to your itinerary for your next Nebraska vacation, you’ll be glad you did! Whether you’re looking for some fun or to relax, you’ll find what you’re searching for during our tanking tour. Glidden Canoe Rentals is your one-stop destination for river fun during your vacation, simply give us a call at (308) 546-2206 to plan your visit! We hope to see you soon!